Small tool to capture packets from WLAN devices. After capturing, upload the “uncleaned” cap here (https://wpa-sec.stanev.org/?submit) to see if your ap or the client is vulnerable by using common wordlists. Convert the cap to hccapx and/or to WPA-PMKID-PBKDF2 hashline (16800) with hcxpcaptool (hcxtools) and check if WLAN-key or plainmasterkey was transmitted unencrypted.
Stand-alone binaries – designed to run on Raspberry Pi with installed Arch Linux. It may work on other Linux systems (notebooks, desktops) and distributions, too.
|hcxdumptool||Tool to run several tests to determine if access points or clients are vulnerable|
|hcxpioff||Turns Raspberry Pi off via GPIO switch|
make make install (as super user)
Compile for Android
- Android NDK installed in your system and in the path variable
- This repository cloned with all submodules (
git submodules updatecommand run)
ndk-build – built executables for some architectures should be created inside
libs directory. Copy it to your phone and enjoy.
- Operating system: Arch Linux (strict), Kernel >= 4.19 (strict). It may work on other Linux systems (notebooks, desktops) and distributions, too (no support for other distributions, no support for other operating systems). Don’t use Kernel 4.4 (rt2x00 driver regression)
- The chipset must be able to run in monitor mode and the driver must support monitor mode (strict by IP and iw). Recommended: MEDIATEK (MT7601) or RALINK (RT2870, RT3070, RT5370) chipset
- Raspberry Pi A, B, A+, B+, Zero (WH). (Recommended: Zero (WH) or A+, because of very low power consumption), but notebooks and desktops may work, too.
- GPIO hardware mod recommended (push button and LED).
hcxdumptool need full (monitor mode and full packet injection running all packet types) and exclusive access to the adapter! Otherwise it will not start!
Get information about VENDOR, model, chipset and driver here: https://wikidevi.com
Manufacturers do change chipsets without changing model numbers. Sometimes they add (v)ersion or (rev)vision.
This list is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as a binding presentation of the products:
|EDIMAX EW-7711UAN||ID 7392:7710 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd|
|ALLNET ALL-WA0150N||ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter|
|TENDA W311U+||ID 148f:3070 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070 Wireless Adapter|
|TP-LINK TL-WN722N v1||ID 0cf3:9271 Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n|
|ALFA AWUS036H||ID 0bda:8187 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8187 Wireless Adapter|
Always verify the actual chipset with ‘lsusb’ and/or ‘lspci’!
Due to a bug in xhci subsystem other devices may not work at the moment: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=202541
No support for a third party driver which is not part of the official kernel (https://www.kernel.org/)
No support for a driver which doesn’t support monitor and packet injection, native – if you need this features, do a request on www.kernel.org
The best high frequency amplifier is a good antenna!
|LOGILINK WL0097||grid parabolic|
|TP-LINK TL-ANT2414 A/B||panel|
|TP-LINK TL-ANT2409 A||panel|
|bash_profile||Autostart for Raspberry Pi (copy to /root/.bash_profile)|
|pireadcard||Back up a Pi SD card|
|piwritecard||Restore a Pi SD card|
|makemonnb||Example script to activate monitor mode|
|killmonnb||Example script to deactivate monitor mode|
Hardware mod – see docs gpiowait.odg (hcxdumptool)
LED flashes 5 times if hcxdumptool successfully started
LED flashes every 5 seconds if everything is fine and signals are received
LED turns on if no signal received during the last past 5 seconds
Press push button at least > 5 seconds until LED turns on (also LED turns on if hcxdumptool terminates)
Green ACT LED flashes 10 times
Raspberry Pi turned off and can be disconnected from the power supply
Do not use hcxdumptool and hcxpioff together!
Hardware mod – see docs gpiowait.odg
LED flashes every 5 seconds 2 times if hcxpioff successfully started
Press the push button at least > 5 seconds until LED turns on
Green ACT LED flashes 10 times
Raspberry Pi turned off safely and can be disconnected from the power supply
Do not use hcxdumptool or hcxpioff together!
You must use hcxdumptool only on networks you have permission to do this, because:
- hcxdumptool is able to prevent complete WLAN traffic (depends on selected options)
- hcxdumptool is able to capture PMKIDs from access points (only one single PMKID from an access point required) (use hcxpcaptool to save them to file)
- hcxdumptool is able to capture handshakes from not connected clients (only one single M2 from the client is required) (use hcxpcaptool to save them to file)
- hcxdumptool is able to capture handshakes from 5GHz clients on 2.4GHz (only one single M2 from the client is required) (use hcxpcaptool to save them to file)
- hcxdumptool is able to capture passwords from the WLAN traffic (use hcxpcaptool -E to save them to file, together with networknames)
- hcxdumptool is able to capture plainmasterkeys from the WLAN traffic (use hcxpcaptool -P to save them to file)
- hcxdumptool is able to request and capture extended EAPOL (RADIUS, GSM-SIM, WPS) (hcxpcaptool will show you information about them)
- hcxdumptool is able to capture identities from the WLAN traffic (for example request IMSI numbers from mobile phones – use hcxpcaptool -I to save them to file)
- hcxdumptool is able to capture usernames from the WLAN traffic (for example the user name of a server authentication – use hcxpcaptool -U to save them to file)
- Do not use a logical interface and leave the physical interface in managed mode
- Do not use hcxdumptool in combination with aircrack-ng, reaver, bully or other tools which takes access to the interface
- Stop all services which takes access to the physical interface (NetworkManager, wpa_supplicant,…)
- Do not use tools like macchanger, as they are useless, because hcxdumptool uses its own random mac address space